III The Empress

The tarot is a deck of 78 cards, and the earliest versions date from the Middle Ages. Over the years, people have been creating their own versions. Here's mine.

05/03/21

Here's my first attempt at The Empress. Quite a lot of it came spontaneously while I was mucking around with this card (initially I intended the rose to be bigger, and I wanted to have a labyrinth on the floor). I guess it's obvious what kind of symbols I'm going for, here.

05/03/22

OK, let's try this again. Not what I was initially trying to do at all, but I like it much better than yesterday's version.

05/04/12

Lost the ankh, gained some, um, feminine symbolism.

What we're dealing with here is the Divine Feminine, matching the masculine aspects of divinity that we find in the next card, IV The Emperor. The symbolism of the numbers is pretty obvious: once there were two, now there are three.

With the exceptions listed here, all content © 2005 D9D1E2.COM. Please read the disclaimer, copyright information and terms of use. On this page Transitional HTML 4.01 and CSS 1 are used. If you're seeing this text you either have CSS switched off in your browser, or you're using a browser that can't handle CSS. If you're using an older browser version, you might want to consider upgrading.